Do you have your mapping between you actionscript class and your
server-side's java class?  If you do not register the class alias,
the return object is Object type. By assigning event.result as Users,
it is null

you can either add this to your Users class' constructor
registerClassAlias("YOUR JAVA CLASS FULLY QUALIFY NAME", Users);

OR ADD THIS AS META DATA TO YOUR ACTIONSCRIPT CLASS FILE
[RemoteClass(alias="my.server.remote.Users")]

William Chan

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "boy_trike" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <code snippet Main Application>
>
>               [Bindable]
>               public var model:ModelLocator =
ModelLocator.getInstance();

>               private function processLoginResults( event :
ResultEvent) : void {

> //                    model.currentUser = event.result as Users;
>                       model.currentUser.firstName =
event.result.firstName;
>                       model.currentUser.lastName =
event.result.lastName;

> <modelLocator>
> package util{
>
>       import flash.events.EventDispatcher;
>       import mx.collections.ArrayCollection;
>       // IMPORT ALL USER VO'S BELOW
>       import vo.Users;
>

>       [Bindable]
>       public class ModelLocator extends EventDispatcher{
>

>               public function ModelLocator(){
>                       //
>               }
>
>               private static var _instance:ModelLocator
>
>               public static function getInstance() :ModelLocator{
>                       if( !_instance ){
>                               _instance = new ModelLocator();
>                       }
>                       return _instance;
>               }
>

>       //
>       public var currentUser : Users = new Users();
>       }
> }
>
> <Users.as>
> package vo
> {
>       [Bindable]
>       public class Users
>       {
>               public var userID               : int;
>               public var firstName            : String;
>               public var lastName             : String;
>               public var loggedIn             : Boolean = false;
>

>               public function Users() {
>               }
>       }
> }
>

> The commented line near the top does NOT work. (leaves a NULL value
in
> model.currentUser).
>

> Thanks
> Bruce