Hi List,

I am working with CakePHP 1.2, CakeAMFPHP, and Flex2 SDK to develop a fairly
complex
community portal.  I can't say too much due to client restrictions, so I will
ask my
questions is a very broad way.. :)

I know that, in AMFPHP for AMF0 there was a var sent back to Flash called
_excplicitType
which, when used with Object.registerClass()  would map the reurned value
object to the
appropriate class.  I had all that working, so how it runs is not a problem.
My issue comes
up with AMF0 anf Flex2:

1. what is/are the flag/flags that Flex looks for to map returned objects to
their
counterparts inside the FLex App?

2. Is Cairngorn the better way to deal with this issue?

For those who are not familiar with CakePHP, it is a Data Modeling Framework (
well,
among other things) which returns Models and assosiated values.  So if a User
had many
Ariticles, then Cake would retun a User object which would contain a Article
object
containing all the articles for the User.

Any hint, tips, etc would be greatly appritiated,

cheers, Julian (aka drSwank)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: