Thanks for your response, Allen. Yes, I've wondered if that might not be
the best approach. (I considered inviting just such responses as yours
when I wrote my post.)

I may end up taking that route. Just wondering what my options are... :-)

Another route would be to take a sample MySQL DB (I see a couple on the
MySQL site) and generate a Hibernate mapping file from that, then Java
classes from that... One advantage is that I'd have a DB that is already
populated with lots of data...

Allen Riddle wrote:

> I hate to be one of those dudes who gives you a reply without
> answering your question, but I’m going to. I don’t know of any that
> are small enough that you could play with. But from my experience with
> learning Hibernate, the best way is just to go to the Hibernate web
> site and start your own project using their samples on how to get
> started, they are easy enough to do for people who have never used
> Hibernate. What better way than to jump right in yourself!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: