Frank,

The problem is that the dateField is looking for a Flex Date object.
Guessing from the conversion to XML, the x.result[0].arrivaldate[0] is
an XML node which contains a String. This String needs to be made into
a Flex Date Object.

There are a few ways to do this: var myDate:Date = new Date( y, m, d,
h, m, s ); and parse it manually. Many people have spun there own code
to do this, however, this might also be a resource for you:

http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/ActionScript_3:resources:apis:libraries

There are a few methods in DateUtil for parsing a string into dates.

--Mike

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "amigo_fd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a webservice which loads from a database with ASP.NET C#. Dates
> are converted into the following format:
>
> ToString("yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss")
> For instance: 2002/09/01 00:00:00
>
> Within Flex they are assigned to a DateField with:
>
> var x:XML = new XML(WsImports.WsGetImportData.lastResult);
> dfArrival.selectedDate = x.result[0].arrivaldate[0];
>
> But I get the error:
> cannot convert [EMAIL PROTECTED] element <arrivaldate> to Date
>
> Any ideas what would be the correct dateformat to use them in Flex ?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Frank

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional