Yes, I've seen something very similar when having the lists under a docked
application control bar as in:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";
layout="horizontal">
    <mx:ApplicationControlBar width="100%" dock="true">
        <mx:Label text="Drag and drop test"/>
    </mx:ApplicationControlBar>
        <mx:HBox width="100%" height="100%">
            <mx:List dropEnabled="true" width="50%"/>
            <mx:List dragEnabled="true" width="50%">
                <mx:dataProvider>
                    <mx:String>item1</mx:String>
                    <mx:String>item2</mx:String>
                </mx:dataProvider>
            </mx:List>
        </mx:HBox>
</mx:Application>

The "drag target area" is offset vertically by what looks like the height
of the docked applicationcontrolbar. I tried your example but it seems to
work fine...

Kornelius

flexcoders@yahoogroups.com wrote on 18/10/2006 09:53:53:

> Bit of a confusing one this. I have 2 simple lists with the ability
> to drag/drop from one to the other. When these lists are in standard
> components all is fine. The dragEnter event is dispatched when you
> hover over any point of the other list. However when this is in a
> viewstack I cannot drag a list item in the first 1cm or so of the
> list – dragEnter is not called until you drag about 1cm below the
> top of the list. This seem to be compounded the more layout
> components the list is inside.
>
> I’ve some sample code below – simple stuff which demonstrates the
> odd behaviour. Removing the viewstack removes the small area at the
> top of the list which is not able to accept a drag item. Have you
> seen anything like this?
>

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";
> layout="absolute" creationComplete="created()">
>             <mx:Script>
>                         <![CDATA[
>                                     import mx.collections.IList;
>                                     import mx.events.DragEvent;
>                                     import
mx.collections.ArrayCollection;
>                                     import mx.managers.DragManager;
>                                     [Bindable] private var ac :
> ArrayCollection;
>
>                                     private function created() : void
>                                     {
>                                                 var ar : Array = new
> Array("test","test2");
>                                                 ac = new
ArrayCollection(ar);
>                                     }
>                                     private function
> doDragEnter(event:DragEvent):void
>                                     {
>                                                 var dragInitiator:
> List=List(event.currentTarget);
>                                                 DragManager.
> acceptDragDrop(dragInitiator);
>                                     }
>                                     private function
> doDragDrop(event:DragEvent):void
>                                     {
>
>                                                 var dropTarget:
> List=List(event.currentTarget);
>
>                                                 var items:
> Array=event.dragSource.dataForFormat("items") as Array;
>
>                                                 var dropLoc:
> int=dropTarget.calculateDropIndex(event);
>
>                                                 for (var i:uint=0; i
> < items.length; i++)
>                                                 {
>
> IList(dropTarget.dataProvider).addItemAt(items[i], dropLoc );
>                                                 }
>                                     }
>                         ]]>
>             </mx:Script>
>             <mx:ViewStack width="100%" height="100%">
>                         <mx:HBox width="100%" height="100%">
>                                     <mx:List x="31" y="53"
> width="100" dataProvider="{ac}" dragDrop="doDragDrop(event)"
> dragEnabled="true" dragMoveEnabled="true"
> dragEnter="doDragEnter(event)"></mx:List>
>                                     <mx:List x="307" y="53"
> width="100" dataProvider="{new ArrayCollection()}"
> dragDrop="doDragDrop(event)" dragEnabled="true"
> dragMoveEnabled="true" dragEnter="doDragEnter(event)"></mx:List>
>                         </mx:HBox>
>             </mx:ViewStack>
> </mx:Application>
>

> ------------------------------------
> Steve Cox
> Senior Online Application Developer
> Quba New Media
> www.quba.co.uk
> t: 0114 279 7779
> f: 0114 272 2854
> e:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> The Maltings 81 Burton Road
> Sheffield S3 8BX
> ------------------------------------
>
> Quba's e-mail disclaimer
> The information contained in this email and any attachments is
> intended only for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed
> and may contain information that is privileged and confidential, the
> disclosure of which is strictly prohibited by law.If you have
> received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately
> and delete this e-mail.
> Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual
> sender. This email message and any attached files have been scanned
> for the presence of computer viruses. However, you are advised that
> you open any attachments at your own risk. We thank you for your
co-operation.
> Quba New Media Ltd
> Registered in England & Wales No. 4038459
> Registered Address: The Maltings, 81 Burton Road, Sheffield, South
> Yorkshire, S3 8BX

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: