Even without utilizing the full Cairngorm architecture, you could
utilize a ModelLocator singleton.  You could define a property as
buttonEnabled and bind the enabled property of the second button to
that value.  Then when the first button is clicked have it define the
ModelLocator's value of buttonEnabled to true.

Since the second button's enabled property is bound - it should
reflect automatically.

Hope this helps.

David

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Wally Randall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> How do I reference controls in other components?  I have a main
> form 'menu'  with two viewstack display panels (form1 and form2).
> Form1 contains a custom component (display1).  The form2 contains a
> custom component (display2).  Navigation can go back and forth between
> the forms.
>
> The display1 component has a button (d1Button) which has a click event
> to enable a button on display2 (d2Button).
>
> How should I form the click event for the d1Button to reference the
> d2Button in the display2 component?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: