Thanx Gordon,

I have tried this example and it solves many of my problems but how
ever there is one little thing that is very strange.When I'm typing
fast my cursor is slower than appearance of the letters.And it's
constantly rises.

Any thoughts or solution?

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Below is an example of forcing text input to uppercase as the user
types
> it.
>

> The trick is to handle the 'textInput' event, which is dispatched
after
> the user presses a key but before the new text appears in the
TextArea
> (or TextInput, or TextField). This is a cancelable event, which
means
> that you can call event.preventDefault() to prevent the system from
> doing the default handling of this event;. For this event, calling
> preventDefault() means that the TextArea won't process the
keystroke.
> Instead you process it yourself by uppercasing it, inserting it in
the
> appropriate place in the TextArea's text string, and setting the
> insertion point to be after the new uppercase character.
>

> - Gordon
>

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
>
> <mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";>
>
>             <mx:Script>