You could create itemrenderers for a datagrid that utilize the drawing API to draw the horizontal lines for your data.

For instance, have a grid like this:

Column 1: task name

Column 2: duration

Column 3: start date

Column 4: item renderer that draws out task length with respect to width of column.  Use the drawing api to draw lines/rectangles to represent a duration of time.

You could also have a custom datagrid column header that uses the drawing API to draw a scale for the time shown in column 4.

Using a datagrid component for this also keeps it very easy to get data into your Gantt chart.

Andrew Trice

Cynergy Systems, Inc.

http://www.cynergysystems.com

Blog: http://www.cynergysystems.com/blogs/page/andrewtrice