I'm not sure Jesse would care too much for being referred to as "her" but yeah, his blog has a lot of great stuff on it. One of my daily reads.

On 10/20/06, Jamie O <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello,

I've been using Flex for a couple weeks, able to build apps that are a
shaky mix of loose / tightly coupled components, but functional all
the same. After reading the revered 6-part articles to whet my
appetite, I felt I was ready to dig in.

The Cairngorm 2 Store demo invoking FDS scared me a little, but I
found
http://www.jessewarden.com/archives/2006/07/flex_2_webservice.html was
an invaluable resource to get started with as it took a less big chunk
to try and solve. In a few hours I was able to re-write her webservice
example for my HTTPService usage and get a server query to return
data. GO ME!

I'm still figuring out exactly how to write the question of how to
refactor my code from pure Flex to the Cairngormified version, but
just wanted to thank people who have answered my questions along the
way to get to this point. A resource like this group makes it
invaluable in getting up-to-speed without being daunted by the
learning curve.

If anyone has any tips / suggestions / approaches for refactoring code
and main things to be aware of in context of putting it into the right
place (controller, VO's, commands, etc) that they could share it would
be greatly appreciated.

Jamie