The error below indicates that RTMPChannel failed during connect. Can you list the command line to mxmlc that you're running, and more importantly the channel-definition for the RTMPChannel that is referenced by the data management service destination? Also, what URL are you using to load the SWF "locally"? Have you tried replacing tokens in the channel-definition endpoint URL, such as {server.name}, with hard coded values?

Do you know how to monitor endpoint traffic by turning on debug level logging on for the Endpoint.* categories and monitoring the server logs?

Pete

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steven Toth
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 9:10 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] ATTN: Adobe Re: Does FDS project have to compile on the server?

Has anyone from Adobe weighed in on this? I'm able to duplicate the
problem. I have a two projects that use the Data Management Service
over RTMP. One is compiled locally and does not work (same error as
below). The other is compiled on the server with the same
paramters/configuration and works. Thanks.

-Steven

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED]ups.com, "Allen Riddle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Thanks for your help. I do have the entry pointed to my services-
config.xml file, and application is even able to find my Data
Service destination (in this case, it's a Hibernate entity). But
when I try to call the fill method, I get:

> [RPC Fault faultString="Send failed"
faultCode="Client.Error.MessageSend"
faultDetail="Channel.Connect.Failed error null"]

> at
mx.data::ConcreteDataService/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/intern
al::dispatchFaultEvent()

> at ::DataListRequestResponder/fault()
>
> at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/fault()
>
> at mx.messaging::ChannelSet/::faultPendingSends()
>
> at mx.messaging::ChannelSet/channelFaultHandler()
>
> at
flash.events::EventDispatcher/flash.events:EventDispatcher::dispatchE
ventFunction()

> at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
>
> at
mx.messaging::Channel/mx.messaging:Channel::connectFailed()

> at
mx.messaging.channels::PollingChannel/mx.messaging.channels:PollingCh
annel::connectFailed()

> at
mx.messaging.channels::RTMPChannel/mx.messaging.channels:RTMPChannel:
:statusHandler()