----- Original Message -----
From: "ryanharlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 1:45 AM
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Flex Data Services painfully slow?

> How could I diagnose and identify routing and/or DNS problems?

I'd like to help, but it's not really my area. All of the problems I've seen
have related to primary DNS servers being unable to resolve a. hostname,
requiring that the hostname be submitted to a secondary DNS server - this
all takes a significant amount of time and caused delays. These problems
always coincided with a rebuild of a DNS server and it's database being
incomplete.  If you are using fixed IP addresses, I doubt DNS lookup will
come into play, but DNS isn't my strongpoint.

Good luck.

Paul

> My setup is pretty basic.  I'm coding at home the requests come into
> my router which is set up to forward port 8700 to the MacBook which is
> running Windows and hosts the DB, Coldfusion, and FDS.
>
> There's no DNS I'm running and I access by direct IP address.
>
> Any thoughts on how to test both of these good suggestions?
>

> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Andrews" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> I can't really say about FDS being slow, but on other systems where
> we've had painful network transfers, it's often been followed back to
> a DNS routing problem.
>>
>> Paul

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional