Hello All,

I have a DataGrid, in which I only allow single record edits at one
time.  I simply don't have the time at the moment, to maintain XML
DataSets on the Client Side, and then sending it to the Server for
parsing.

With that said, the user can Add a Record, populate the values, and save
it - as this immediately sends the VO to the server for saving.  Once
the record is saved or updated, I want the Grid to go back to a
non-editable mode.

What I need all of your help with, is when the user highlights a Row on
the Grid, I want to give the user the ability to click an "Edit" button
- which immediately gives that Row and ONLY that Row, editing abilities.
Once they hit save, then it goes back to normal (which is non-editable).
Once I perfect this thing, I will probably add this function to the
"Double-Click" event of the Grid.

What is the best method to use, in order to accomplish something like
this?  I know capturing the selectedIndex of the Grid is step 1, but
after that, what would be the next logical step?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mike

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional