i've done the same things more than i wish to recount.  my hack was
to blow away the .metadata file in the workspace which forces flex
to rebuild the ws; then, create another project and import the mxml
i was working on.

i think it's a good idea to turn off the "save automatically"
feature and make sure problems panel is visible with at least a few
lines.  don't rebuild the project from scratch.

HTH

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "yaagcur" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Brian may have provided you with the solution but I had same
problem
> and hacked it by creating a new mxml file and copy-pasting the code
> from the problem file. That always seems to work
> AndyC
>
> -- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Holmes" <bholme@> wrote:
> >
> > Mike,
> >  I had the same problem when I first started using FlexBuilder.
What I