Is it ok if I sorta hijack this thread a tiny bit?

I'm wanting to access data on a website that requires that I log in...
(this is just one of many...) http://www.stockxpert.com/index.phtml

i cannot figure out how to get their site to let me log in. It has the
standard username and password fields but if there's some secret
string to pass in user data i don't have a clue. I was trying to do it
with a CFC (without even trying it in FLEX) but if someone's already
tackled this beast i'd love to know.

I've tried http://username:[EMAIL PROTECTED] etc and that
doesn't seem to work.

i think i know how to parse the data once i get to the page i want to
get to, but i can't figure out how to log in... anyone have some idea?

I've tried google and google groups but i'm just not finding the
answers i would like to have.

I don't think there are any webservices that the sites provide so i'm
thinking my only option is to scrape off the data from the http pages.

Thanks!

Mitch

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "jbbec_fr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> thank you for your help !!
>
> JB :-)
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Prakaz <mr.prakaz@> wrote:
> >
> > try this:
> >
> >  <mx:HTTPService id="myservice"
> >   url="http://testdrive.local.net/cgi-bin/get_warnings_data.cgi";
> >   showBusyCursor="true"
> >   useProxy="false"
> >   method="POST"
> >   result="loginSuccessHandler();"
> >   fault="loginErrorHandler();"
> >   />
> >
> > public function callService():void{
> >      var objParameters:Object=new Object();
> >     // Collect parameter to send to HTTPService
> >     objParameters.code='MA';
> >     objParameters.pcode=TO
> >
> >     // Additional parameters
> >     objParameters.parameter1='value1';
> >     objParameters.parameter2='value2';
> >
> >     // send HTTPRequest
> > *    myservice.send(objParameter);
> > *}
> >
> > try putting all your parameter inside an object and use
> HTTPservices' send()
> > method to pass this parameter to your backend code.
> >
> > Hope that helps,
> > -P
> >

> > On 10/25/06, jbbec_fr <jbbec@> wrote:
> > >
> > >   Hi all,
> > > I am a newbie in flex and i apologize if my posts seem tobe
> dummies
> > > one...
> > > I want to populate a datagrid and i use HTTPService to do it.
> > > The url parameter is like this :
> > > url="http://testdrive.local.net/cgi-bin/get_warnings_data.cgi?
> > > code=MA&pcode=TO"
> > > when i save the file i get an error :
> > > The reference to entity "pcode" must end with the ';' delimiter.
> > >
> > > can anyone help me ?
> > >
> > > thy
> > >
> > > JB

<*> Your email settings: