I am running into a doozie of a problem.

I'm trying to use a custom popup button as an item editor in a data
grid. However as soon as the PopUp is created, and the "open" event
fires, the data grid loses focus, the editor closes, and the popup
goes away.

In the DataGrid framework code, I traced it to this function that is
causing the focus to be set back to the data grid, and thereby losing
focus on the popup (closing it)...

private function deactivateHandler(event:Event):void
{
  // if stage losing activation, set focus to DG so when we get it back
  // we popup an editor again
  if (itemEditorInstance)
  {
    endEdit(DataGridEventReason.OTHER);
    losingFocus = true;
    setFocus();

Anyone have any good ideas here? I am using a custom popup to provide
a custom picker for a "combo-box" style control. the combo stays open
while they make a selection and click OK or Cancel.

thanks for any ideas,
Thunder

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional