I posted this on the Adobe web forum, but I think I'll have better
luck posting here.

I am a newbie to flex... using flex 2 builder and cfmx 7.0.2.  I have
my first project to be done in flex --  a fairly large web survey.

So far I've built the UI using a ViewStack... each canvas has one or
more related questions.  There's a previous/next button row at the
bottom, and I eventually need it to work in such a way as to not
allow NEXT to be clicked unless all fields on the canvas are filled
in.

My MXML file is huge, but one design goal I had was to have the
entire survey be loaded by the user, and not communicate with the
server again until the user has made choices on all fields and is
ready to submit.  This way, I'm hoping I can try to capture the data
in the event that the user has an internet problem and let them try
again or save their choices to an XML file and either email it or
upload it later when they are back online.  This is a nice thing to
do for the user, since the survey is so long.  I just want to prevent
the survey from being interrupted, since it's so long. If the entire
survey is loaded when the person loads the swf, and I can just
attempt to send one survey object back to the server at the end, I
can trap errors and provide another route to go.....

I was going to use mx:Form to build the forms on each ViewStack
Canvas... one form for each canvas, but still all bound to a single
Survey object, as follows...

So then I created a Survey.xml file that I was going to use with
mx:Model, and try to simply create an xml tree representing a "Survey
object", it's metadata (startDateTime, endDateTime, IP address,
etc.), and it's questions and answers.  My thought was that I could
populate this Survey object as the user progressed through the
ViewStack, and then send the entire object to the server when
complete, and if that failed, ask them to try again or offer to save
the XML file to their system for later upload or emailing.

Is this a reasonable way to proceed?  What are the pitfalls?  Is
there something different I should be considering?

Thanks,

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: