2 more things to consider.

Not sure of your particular setup, but, you may want to look at the
[Managed] metadata tag. Setup dependent, it may be what you are
looking for.

Second, and more generally, casts fail when the system cannot convert
one type to another. So, take a look at your objects. You mentioned
setting the params one by one, a common technique is to build a static
method which accepts an Object and returns (by internally assigning
the properties) your value object.

Just a couple of thoughts,
--Mike

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Shannon Hicks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Try assigning it via the "preferred" method:
>
> userAccount = event.result as UserAccountVO;
>
> Shan
>
>    _____

10/27/2006

10/27/2006