On 11/2/06, Tom Chiverton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 November 2006 21:05, Gordon Smith wrote:
> > > I'm confident the Apollo run time engine will be able to hook into
> > > whatever 3D acceleration the O/S can provide.
> > I don't believe this is an Apollo goal. If we do graphics hardware
> > acceleration, we'd probably do it in all versions of the Flash Player.
>
> You're *not* going to provide hardware accelerated graphics operations ?!?

Thats what he said. And the reason makes perfect sense. Apollo's
stated mission is about taking the flash graphics engine (as it is)
and pdf, and html/javascript and allowing these web technologies to
make desktop available applications. If they were going to provide
hardware accelerated graphics, it would make most sense to do it in
the flash player itself. For example, to do hardware accelerated
graphics outside the flash player, they would have to make an entirely
new API that would be completely separate from the flash API. Given
that the flash API *is* the adobe graphics engine at this point,
making a new, separate, incompatible one, essentially forking the
graphics API, would make no sense.

If they need to do 3D, they need to do it in the context of flash, not
as some new API.

Regards,
Hank

> --
> Tom Chiverton
> Helping to autoschediastically utilize clicks-and-mortar web-readiness

> This email is sent for and on behalf of Halliwells LLP.
>
> Halliwells LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and
> Wales under registered number OC307980 whose registered office address is at
> St James's Court Brown Street Manchester M2 2JF.  A list of members is
> available for inspection at the registered office. Any reference to a partner
> in relation to Halliwells LLP means a member of Halliwells LLP. Regulated by
> the Law Society.
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY
>
> This email is intended only for the use of the addressee named above and may
> be confidential or legally privileged.  If you are not the addressee you must
> not read it and must not use any information contained in nor copy it nor
> inform any person other than Halliwells LLP or the addressee of its existence
> or contents.  If you have received this email in error please delete it and
> notify Halliwells LLP IT Department on 0870 365 8008.
>
> For more information about Halliwells LLP visit www.halliwells.com.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: