No particular theories, but it sounds like you need some  debugging/audit trail to be able to monitor what's really happenning. In the scale of things hundreds of records may not show up a bug in your software. If I had a wild guess, something's gone wrong causing the ID to be overwritten, or an old ID to remain in place rather than be overwritten.

Good luck.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 1:52 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] Crazy Issue

Although there is no proof that this actually occured as stated.  I am getting feedback from management that the following occured.

Here is the setup.

A flex2 swf running within a .jsp reads in a url variable using request.getParameter().  The variable is passed into the swf using flashVars and stored as a property of the model.  The application loads specific data based on that model.id.  The application then allows the user to input data and attaches the model.id to the object and then saves it to the database through a remote object java/hibernate backend.

Management is telling me that a record in the database shows a different id than the one that was passed into the application through flashVars.  I don't see any way this could be possible but thought I would throw it out to the list.  There have been hundeds of records that have been saved properly and only one in question.

The only thing I can think of is that the user either went to the wrong url or edited the id url variable.  Both of these seem unlikely however.

Any one have any theories?

Rich