Hi,

Did you set the property doubleClickEnabled to true ?

Peace, Mike

On 11/2/06, Paul Evans < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In my first week of ActionScript 3 development. Working on Mac OS X
with Flex 2 Builder Beta and Flash 9 Alpha Preview, Player: 9,0,18,60.

Just tried listening for MouseEvent.DOUBLE_CLICK on a MovieClip using
Flash 9 preview and found that the event never seems to fire.

I also compiled MouseEventExample from the Adobe docs and found that
all the mouse events fire except DOUBLE_CLICK and MOUSE_WHEEL.
(Though MOUSE_WHEEL does work on a pc)

( MouseEventExample is at the foot of this page http://
livedocs.macromedia.com/flex/2/langref/index.html?flash/events/
MouseEvent.html&flash/events/class-list.html )

All my reference sources simply present the code as though it should
work. Am I missing something? Any pointers much appreciated.

Thanks

Paul
--
[ http://www.creative-cognition.co.uk/ ]
[ http://creacog.wordpress.com/ ]

--
What goes up, does come down. __._,_.___