that is roughly the payload from the flex framework
when you use the "application" tag. if you really want
to use flex as "flash-file-generator", compile an as3
swf file from flex based on the sprite class only and
import only what you need. The way I understand it you
mean swf loader when you say flash-file-generator? If
that's the case, create an AS class in flex based on
sprite, import the loader class (and loaderinfo class
if you need that too) then compile. You should have
roughly 500bytes to a little over 1 kilobyte if all
you are after is dynamic swf loading.

--- "bjorn.schultheiss" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> 120kb is about the smallest possible filesize for
> any flex app based
> off mx:Application
>
> that figure will rise quickly though. 120kb is a
> flex app with nothing
>
> Bjorn
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Flex Learner"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > What's the lightest Flex 2.0 app we can get ? . An
> empty app with
> just an
> > mx:Application tag weighs in at 120 KB. It'll be
> great if there are any
> > compiler options we can use to minimize this
> further. I'm using Flex
> as a
> > Flash file generator that'll be embedded into a
> HTML page - and the
> entire
> > page weight must be around 200 to 300KB.
> >
> > Let me know if Flex-generated swf is a viable
> option for me.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Joseph

<*> Your email settings: