My suggestion would be in  your loginRequest HTTPService, you need
to set the "result" to notify you when you've loaded the
information.  As it stands right now you're asking to display
information from a request that has just been sent... you need to
have the Alert.show() in a separate function (called by a 'result'
event).  More like this AS:

private function processLogin():void
{
  loginRequest.send();
}
private function initializeLoginRequest():void
{
  Alert.show(userInfo.getItemAt(0).id);
}

With this MXML HTTPRequest:

<mx:HTTPRequest url="http://www.example.com";
result="initializeLoginRequest()"><!-- Your info Here --!
></mx:HTTPRequest>

Hopefully this helps!
-Nathan

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "pdflibpilot" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am using the following HTTPservice request to query mySQL using
PHP
> and return the users basic information into an array.
>
>   <mx:ArrayCollection id="userInfo" source=
> "{ArrayUtil.toArray(loginRequest.lastResult.records.record)}"/>
>
> This is working fine since it will populate a form with their info,
> however I want to test the info that has been returned before
> displaying anything.
>
> Currently when I use the following I get an "getItemAt()" is out of
> bounds. I assume the userInfo array has not yet been populated.
>
>    private function processLogin():void {
>               loginRequest.send();
>                       Alert.show(userInfo.getItemAt(0).id);
>
>             }
>
> How do I prevent validating the results before the array is
popuplated ?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: