From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike Shaw
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 6:12 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Flex Accessibility - TextInput Component

Hi, we are building a financial calculator app in flex 2 which is required to be accessible.

So far we have got through most of the pitfalls except for one.

We have a TextInput which due to the visual design is not in a FormItem (so no label). So instead
we assign a name or description property to the accessibilityProperties object. The TextInput may or
may not be editable. The question is:

How do we get Jaws to read the name or description properties. Currently it is only reading the value.
I know the properties are set because I can see them using Microsoft's Inspect32.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Mike.