Thanks to everybody on the list.

It seems that it was a bit of misunderstanding. I was trying to create
a Canvas component and to be able to fill the background with gradient
but to specify more then 2 colors, like it is possible with let's say
Button component.

So I tried using LinearGradient class from mx.graphics. Like this :

<mis:MyCanvas width="200" height="100" borderStyle="solid"
borderThickness="10" cornerRadius="10">
 <mis:fill>
   <mx:LinearGradient>
    <mx:entries>
     <mx:GradientEntry color="green" ratio="0" alpha=".5"/>
     <mx:GradientEntry color="red" ratio=".33" alpha=".5"/>
     <mx:GradientEntry color="blue" ratio=".66" alpha=".5"/>
    </mx:entries>
   </mx:LinearGradient>
  </mis:fill>
</mis:MyCanvas>

So Ely, I was going for the mx.graphics classes :-)

Dirk, thanks for the great example of doing this using skins, but this
time I wanted to try this approach.

I guess it depends on what needs you have, in my case I can easily
change the Linear Gradient to Radial, in Dirks case it's easier to
skin more then just the canvas.

And finally, my code was just fine but stupid me I was doing
beginFill, endFill and then draw the shape :-)

Thanks again guys,

Cristian Pop

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional