Hi Darron,
Many thanks for reply, that altenative you mentioned was something I was
thinking of doing, but I preferred to ask first for any better solution,
it seems there is not...
have you ever posted about that custom datatype alternative? I wonder how
you implemented that

thanks again,
Diego.

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 17:05:11 +1300, Darron J. Schall
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You can't match it exactly.  Trying to use a boolean type means you can
> only have either true or false as the value.  It's in a proposal
> somewhere to add nullable type support to ECMAScript, but in the
> meantime you can try using the * data type since it can assume any value
> (which includes the set of true, false, and null).  You'll lose the
> performance gains of using a known compile-time type, but you'll get the
> flexibility you're looking for client-side.
>
> Alternatively, you can create your own custom datatype for values of
> null, false, and true on both the client and server, but that's a bit
> more work.  I've gone this route by making a custom NullableBoolean type
> in the past...
>
> -d
>
> Diego Guebel wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> I'm trying to pass back and forth an object to the server(.NET) that
>> has a
>> property with boolean type that can also be assigned a null.
>>
>> Something like the following in c#:
>>
>> public class TestClass
>> {
>>        [XmlElement(IsNullable=true)]
>>        public Nullable<bool> Deleted { get; set; }
>> }
>>
>> the question is: how can I match that in AS?
>>
>> package
>> {
>>      [Bindable]
>>      [RemoteClass(alias="package.TestClass")]
>>      public class TestClassVO
>>      {
>>              public var Deleted: ??????
>>      }