I know that mxml makes this stuff easy, but for me I prefer using the
Actionscript then
using a repeater tag...

OK, so I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier, sometimes i
wonder where my head's at?

       private var myRadios:Array = new Array();

        private function setUpRadios():void{
        myRadios = new Array();

            for (var i:int=0;i<5;i++)
            {
            var myRadioButton:RadioButton = new RadioButton();
            myRadioButton.groupName = "pollq";
            myRadios.push(myRadioButton);
            this.addChild(myRadios[i]);
            }