The source code that comes with the Flex framework is not the same as the
compiled frameworks swc file. One indication (that i know from the top of my
head) is the StateChangeEvent.CURRENT_STATE_CHANGE event, which is (in the
source) defined as StateChangeEvent.CURRENT_STATE_CHANGED.

In short: i would not recommend using the source as base.

Greetz Erik