I have been using remoting to get data out of my database and into flex. The
nice thing about this is it handles all the data conversion issues etc. But
now, I have a need to be able to communicate certain data in XML format. I
would imagine that there must be a clean process/format for communicating
between server and client in XML such that the datatypes and reserved
characters such as ",',>,<,& are handled.

what is the easiest way of doing this? Is there some XML database
communications standard which flex can read? Do people just roll their own
(ugh?). There must be a clean easy way to do this.

Hank