Flex is a presentation layer technology.  If the security sandbox trips
you up, just proxy the calls through your server platform.

Tracy

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of pdflibpilot
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 5:20 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Having trouble with swf app and proxies

I am having a similar issue with an application we hope to launch to
the general public in January. In our beta testing we have clients who
need to access their own special Flex app portal and currently their
proxy server is looking for the crossdomain.xml policy file.

Clearly we cannot expect to install the cd.xml file on remote servers.

Is there a solution and if not doesn't this kill Flex as an interface
for applications designed for world wide distribution ???

, "Francisco Martin B. - nJooy Lab"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have developed a AS3 Flex2 application deployed in a web server as
a SWF file.
> The app use sockets on non standard ports.
>
> My company network has a proxy and I can't access internet
directly. When I load the
> SWF file from the server X, a sandbox security error is displayed in
the Flash Player
> because I am trying to access data from server Y.
>
> To fix the problem I am using A Proxy-savvy Socket in ActionScript 3
from Christian Cantrell

http://weblogs.macromedia.com/cantrell/archives/2006/07/a_proxy-savvy_s.
cfm
<http://weblogs.macromedia.com/cantrell/archives/2006/07/a_proxy-savvy_s
.cfm>

> I configured the app to use the proxy IP and port, but I continue
having troubles,
> because now Flash player it's requesting a <policyfile> to the proxy!
> The proxy has IP Z and the swf has been downloaded from IP X, so
there is a domain violation...

> Of course, the proxy doesn't know anything about flash policy
files...and rejects the request.