You say it "sometimes" does that?  Hmm.

I don't know what's happening in your specific case, but I can tell
you, in general, how Flex Builder connects to the debugger.

When you click Debug, Flex Builder launches your browser, pointing it
at the HTML wrapper for the debug version of the app, e.g.
C:\MyProject\bin\MyApp-debug.html.  Flex Builder then starts listening
on a socket, waiting for the Flash Player to contact it.  FB waits for
two minutes, after which it times out.

In your browser, if the debug version of the Flash player is
installed, and a debuggable movie (e.g. MyApp-debug.swf) is loaded
into it, then the flash player will attempt to connect to the same
localhost socket that Flex Builder is listening on.  If the flash
player can't find something to connect to at that socket, it displays
the "Where is the debugger" dialog.

Things that can go wrong:

- You might not have the debug version of the Flash player installed.
 However, please note that before Flex Builder launches your browser,
it checks to see what Flash player is installed in your browser.  If
it's the release version, it warns you.

- You might be pointing to a release swf, not a debug swf.  Again,
Flex Builder warns you about that; but the check for a debug swf is
not foolproof, especially if you have customized the html template, or
are launching a custom URL.  Double-check to make sure the swf you
opening is the *-debug one.

- Maybe you have some sort of firewall installed that is blocking
Flash from connecting to Flex Builder.  I did hear one report once of
that happening to someone; I think that person was using Zone Alarm.
Try opening access to port 7935.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Diego Guebel"