You control "depth" by the order in which the display object appears
in the display "tree".

To adjust to order, you need to remove and re-insert the child object
using something like this:

this.addChildAt(this.removeChildAt(1),0);

The remove statement pops the item out of the display list, returning
a reference to it, then the add places it back in. If I'm mistaken
about the ordering then it might be:

this.addChild(this.removeChildAt(0));

This takes the first child and puts it at the end.

Good luck