The search engines have looked inside static SWF for quite some time

You'd have to tell me how that was done.

There is a pertinent comment at the second site that I agree with, at this
time:

(Rich media and advanced interactive features are never going to be indexed
conventionally anyway, so Flash is and always has been superb for embedding
such things into sites)

-Scott