Hi Matze,

I'm curious how you are measuring the 5mb that is apparently leaked on each call to your pop-up.

Cheers,
Lach

On 30/11/2006, at 4:03 AM, matze.kueby wrote:

Hello,

My second question is how to delete a component out of storage.

We have some own components (basically forms), which will be created
and shown by an construct e.g.
var myComponent : T_Component = new T_Component ;
this.addChild(myComponent)

Some of our forms will be created in an popup. On every call of the
popup, we lost 5 mb or more, all childs on the windows will be
removed by formname.removeAllChild();
What cann we do, that the garbage collector will dispose this
objects.
Is there a way to show all objects with references (NOT NULL)?

I have read in the Flex Help, that this.removeChild(myComponent) not
delete the form and/or object out of the storage.
Rather the object must be destroyed.

It is sufficient to call delete(myComponent) about remove this object
out of the storage as the case may be that the garbage-collector
remove this object at any time?
Or how can I destroy a component correctly. What happens with the
widgets on this component e.g. input fields or datagrids?
Are they also being deleted?

Thanks for your help, too.

Matze