Igor,

the the values are already encoded for amfphp remoting, sending the
strings directly back from
php makes them say [UTF String] with no value.  so I encode them in the
html safe way and it works...

Is there a string function to change htmlText to normal text and vica
versa, i guess i need to fish on this one.
At least I know that I can just type them temporarily.   By the way, do
you do any work with remoting and spanish
text with amfphp?

We have our stuff that has translation tables for spanish, so all of the
data, button labels are loaded at run time
for whichever language we are going to display.

thanks,

At least i can type them as strings in the mean time.