If you would decide to take this approach, consider the recent articles
I've published on my weblog about FlashPaper and Flex 2 integration:

How to load FlashPaper Documents in Flex 2 -
http://www.darronschall.com/weblog/archives/000249.cfm
Batch Convert PDF files to FlashPaper 2 -
http://www.darronschall.com/weblog/archives/000250.cfm

By converting the PDF to FlashPaper, you can load the FlashPaper
equivalent of the PDF report inside of a container in Flex 2.  It's not
exactly a trivial process, but it works well enough for my use cases so far.

-d