Something that troubles me about the Cairngorm architecture is the
apparent lack of any proper domain model. Although it is argued that
the domain model actually exists on the server and that the Flex
client is essentially a view, I have always found it necessary to
construct some kind of object graph of the domain on the client as well.

I have two concerns regarding this.

First, I have never seen examples or discussion of Cairngorm that
deals with this issue. In most cases the 'model' isn't much more than
a collection of dumb value objects without complex relationships.

Second, and more importantly, pretty much all the logic of Cairngorm
apps seems to reside in the Command and Delegate classes with not
much to speak about in the actual model. It seems to be the Commands
that end up manipulating the application data directly, and I'm a
little uncomfortable with this.

I think Cairngorm’s a good method for managing code and iterative
development, but I'm not sure about how well it does encapsulation
and MVC.

Anyone care to discuss?

Cheers,
Lach