Is there a better way?

The situation:

I have a list view displaying a collection of objects with item renderers. I want the list view to respond to state change events dispatched from the item renderers.

The solution (of sorts):

Created a new ClassFactory to instantiate the renderers which also registers a delegate (the list view) to receive the events.

Why this sucks:

It's heaps of code to do a tiny thing. Needed to define a factory class, an interface for the delegate to implement, an implementation of the interface and an event type class to carry a reference to the renderer.

Is there a better way?

Many thanks,
Lach