What you're doing is calling a webservice method called
setUsernamePassword, and passing that method 2 parameters, so unless
you have a method called setUsernamePassword on your webservice,
nothing will happen, however, you aren't even able to access the
webservice because I don't think you've defined the username and
password in either the http header or the uri.

To keep it simple, try something like this with your wsdl definition:

myService.wsdl =
'http://username:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/service/?wdsl';

myService.load();

if you're using NetConnection, then just try the same URI for the
connect() function.

I think there is a class that would secure identification through http
headers, Flex is vast...

Check out the docs.

elibol