I tried the flvtool2 and couldn't really figure it out, didn't spend a
whole lot of time with it though.  Found another tool that does the
same thing and I was able to figure out quickly.  FLVMDI,
http://www.buraks.com/flvmdi/, has commandline and gui options, can
output a new flv with the metadata as well outputing an xml of the
data.  Thanks for the help everyone, hopefully this will save others a
bit of trouble as well.

-John

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Sönke Rohde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If it was not encoded with metadata why not inject that metadata with
> FLVTool2?
> If there is no metadata you will not be able to get the duration.
Another