Steven,

As Tracy has posted, Flex w/ .NET w/ SQL Server works.

You asked for a sample app.  I do not know of one where the back end logic
is a web service in .NET, but I will check around.  I will post back if I
find one.

On the other hand, if you can point us to a sample .NET webservice that
includes update/delete, maybe we can throw together in Flex the MXML and AS
to reference it.

hth,