Well I am not sure I understand your meaning sorry.

When the selectedObject instance on the model has a date member
variable that is blank, the field starts blank, but once the the field
changes, but not the instance, that text never leaves the date field.
It does it however when I use text or label boxes that have null
string member variables. So I dont understand why the date field is
working so differently.

Jeremy

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Hindle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just a guess here - I just use vanilla Flex....
> Sounds like the field is not being assigned.  Since the field starts
out as
> blank in your model,
> and your selecting another model with a blank field - perhaps Flex is
> 'short-circuiting' the
> assignment.
>
> I've noticed that for an assignment like "foo = bar", Flex always
seems to
> call the getter for foo,
> _before_ calling the setter.  I can only surmise this it to allow it to
> short circuit the assignment
> if foo = bar already.
>
> So in your case, blank == blank, and no assignment is done, hence no
event
> fires ?
>

> On 12/6/06, jsscardinal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >   I am attempting to do something I thought was pretty simple.
Using the