Hi,

  I am working with Combo Box for which dataprovider is ArrayCollection and I
am getting data from database using HttpService as follows:

  <mx:HTTPService id="cb_podcast" url="combo.jsp" makeObjectsBindable="false"/>

  <mx:ArrayCollection id="cbXml"
        source="{mx.utils.ArrayUtil.toArray(cb_podcast.lastResult.data)}"/>

  <mx:ComboBox dataProvider="{cbXml}" labelFunction="myLabelFunc1" width="195"
id="cb_chart"/>

  public function myLabelFunc1(item:Object):String
  {
        return item.data1;
   }

  Here, I want to update combo box(ArrayCollection) when I submit a "textInput"
data to database.

  I tried to update combo box using:

  cbXml.addItem(textInput.text);

  But the combo box is not getting updated with new value.
  Once I close and Re-execute the application, the combo box is displayed with
the new value.

  Help can be appreciated.

  Thanks,
  Sreedhar

Thanks & Regards,
Sreedhar

 Find out what India is talking about on  - Yahoo! Answers India
 Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Yahoo! Messenger Version 8. Get it
NOW