Funny, I just read that this morning. However, it doesn't really apply here.
I need to pass a function object and the name will probably be different for
each one. So assigning a value to a variable of the class isn't acceptable,
since the value will change for each call.

As I mentioned, I have a workaround, but I really want to know whether the
documentation is correct and I've simply missed something, or Adobe needs to
clean up the docs.