Greetings list

This is my first post to the list, so please excuse me if anything is
not in order...

I'm using struggling to get my flex app to talk to a JS object in the
browser, and can't figure out what it is not working... I've googled
for hours to no avail...

Here is a basic mockup of what I'm trying to achieve. I've created a
JavaScript class to wrap all the commonly used features of this
project together, this was done using the Prototype JS library.

<js>
var FlexTest = Class.create();
FlexTest.prototype = {
  isReady: function(){
    alert('Ready!');
  }
};

var bridge = new FlexTest();
</js>

<as>
ExternalInterface.call("bridge.isReady");
</as>

The ExternalInterface.call yields no results, and returns false.
According to the docs it would return null and throw an exception if
there was a JS error, or the method wasn't found. Returning false
tells me that the method was called, but the browser doesn't correctly
interpret the request.

Has anyone else managed to get this approach working? I prefer keeping
my JavaScript in classes rather than having methods scattered all over
the place... From the dojo commit logs it seems they've managed to get
it going, but I cannot track down how (yet)...

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks in advance
--

Kenneth Kalmer