I've also had similar issues with the focus rectangle. One that springs to mind is that a focus rectangle on a scroll thumb will sometimes stay put even when the thumb is dragged somewhere else in the scroll bar.

Also this morning, a colleague is having an issue with a focus rect that hangs around even when the text field it is focusing is removed from view (during a state change).