The prompt element can't be selected directly from the combobox
control itself, but it _can_ be selected programmatically by setting
the combobox's selectedIndex to -1 from, say, the click handler of a
reset button.  Sometimes that's a good fit, sometimes maybe not so
good, but it's one more alternative.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Ralf Bokelberg"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There is a little difference though. In contrast to a real element
the
> prompt element can not be choosen by the user. Once the user has
choosen
> something from your combo, she cannot go back to the default state.
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf.
>
> On 12/12/06, stephen50232 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >   --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <flexcoders%
40yahoogroups.com>, "Clint
> > Tredway" <grumpee@> wrote:
> > >
> > > there is an attribute called prompt for a combo box. use that
> > place that
> > > text as the first line... now it will disappear once a
selection is
> > made.

> > element in the

> > suited and

40yahoogroups.com>
40yahoogroups.com>] *On
40yahoogroups.com>

40yahoogroups.com><flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>,
> > Van De

> > ComboBox.

40yahoogroups.com><flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>] On