Hank,

disclaimer: I didn't say that method works for everybody everywhere, nor
that execution is easy. It's also more targeted towards Flash websites,
not Flex.

I too think that it's Adobes job to provide a framework to make these
things easier for the developer.

I don't agree with your UI-design-first approach though. Content should
always come first. No content, no UI. At the very least, both should be
developed hand in hand.

In any case, for an application/website to be truly SEO'ed, you need a
HTML site underneath that search engines can spider. This is all about
data and nothing else, and it needs a 1:1 relation to the data that the
human user is going to get when she clicks on a link presented by search
engines (wrapped in a Flex UI or whatever).

Cheers,
Claus.

--
claus wahlers