It does rely on the Flex framework, true, although I believe this is
related to FDS/RemoteObject support. Keep this in mind, though: The
source code for Cairngorm is freely available, and there really isn't
that much to it. You may even be able to do it without altering any of
the Cairngorm source itself, by subclassing.

But don't take my guesswork for it. Somebody in the
cairngorm-documentation group posted a link to a port of Cairngorm to
Flash (no version info; target site is in Portuguese but just click on
"aqui"). I have no idea what state this is in (not being, you may be
suprised to learn, remotely fluent in Portuguese), or how it was
accomplished (elegant, ugly, in between), but apparently it can be done:

HTH,
Chris