Hi Dan,

I can think of two possible approaches.

You could create a proxy data-provider that places a layer between the control and the real data provider, that manipulates the data for this view (by adding your pseudo item).

or…

You could create a subclass of the control that adds the functionality you are describing. I think this would be preferable, since, as you said, this is an aspect of the view, not the data.

I'll be interested to see what other ideas there are about this one too.

Cheers,
Lach