Hello all, I'm trying to accomplish something that is seemingly easy....but is driving me bananas due to the fact that it's not working. I want to setup a function that can be called and that function will scroll my datagrid to a specific row within that datagrid.

Here's what I've got (that doesn't work)........any thoughts?

                public function scrollDG():void {

dgUserRequest.editedItemPosition = {columnIndex:0, rowIndex:dgUserRequest.dataProvider.length-1};

                        }

                ]]>
        </mx:Script>

        <mx:Button label="Scroll" click="scrollDG()"/>
        <mx:Text text="{app.userInfo.firstname}'s Videos"/>

<mx:DataGrid id="dgUserRequest" x="22" y="128" dataProvider="{app.vidInfo2}"
                        width="850" height="700" headerStyleName="headerStyle">
                        <mx:columns>

                                <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Thumbnail"
dataField="thumb_name"
                                        itemRenderer="components.dgRenderImage"
width="104"/>
<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Video Title" dataField="projectname" id="title"
                                        fontWeight="bold" paddingLeft="10"/>
                                        <mx:itemRenderer>
                                                <mx:Component>
                                                        <mx:VBox
verticalAlign="middle">
                                                                <mx:Text
text="{data.projectname}"/>
                                                        </mx:VBox>
                                                </mx:Component>
                                        </mx:itemRenderer>
                                </mx:DataGridColumn>
                                <mx:DataGridColumn headerText=""
dataField="projectid"
                                        itemRenderer="components.dgEditProject"
width="120"/>
<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Last Modified" dataField="lastmodified"
                                        itemRenderer="components.dgLastMod"
width="150"/>
                                <mx:DataGridColumn headerText=""
dataField="projectid"
                                        itemRenderer="components.dgDeleteProject"
width="75"/>

                        </mx:columns>
                </mx:DataGrid>

Thanks for the help.